Monday, August 17, 2015

Earthship Updates for August

We haven't made a huge change this month in progress. It's hot and has been a really rainy summer. But I have faith in God that we will be able to enclose this before winter to prevent any frost damage. I have to. We don't have anyone but us to build. But I know we can do it.

 Here you can see that he's filling in the backside some. We are adding some mud to the back in order to add the vapor barrier so we can backfill it. This will give us solid footing to continue to build upwards.

 
This was a little bit of a trial and error area. We wanted to make the area flat enough to add some insulation and then some of the backfilled dirt. However, we are going to just use vapor barrier here and insulate the inside a little more.


 Here's me. I lost 40 lbs and don't mind my hubby taking pictures of me now, LOL! See that little space above my shorts? Now I know why I burn there all the time!
 We are 6 rows high now. Not too too bad. We will be building to 10 rows for a 8'4" ceiling.


 So we continue on and on. More to come folks!












No comments:

Post a Comment