Monday, July 18, 2016

A Sluggish Summer So Far

we started with a little bit of a bang. We built a second story on that first room we built, although the weight required us to add a brace in the kitchen about where the counter would be coming out from the side of wall. We can make it look like it was supposed to be there and just plant a grapevine at the base of it.
However, June 4th, I fell off our horse we were about to buy. Poor hing got spooked or bit by a bee; not really sure what the reasoning was. But I received a serious concussion that they thought would resolve after 2 weeks. It's been 6 weeks now and I am still forgetful, have crying breakdowns, and have slow speech that makes me sound like I had a stroke!
We have now completed this though. It has a full roof and OSB all around it. But it came to a screaming haunt when I fell and at first I wasn't sure I broke my back because I couldn't get up. Now my body is much stronger and my mind is getting much better but not all the way yet. I probably have a couple more weeks of battling short term disability and payroll to make sure we can pay our bills. Right now we are quite broke.
I am asking anyone of you that may have been thinking of having an Usborne party on Facebook,
please have it now because without a little income we are in trouble. My husband is looking for work but so far construction is the only thing he has found and that wouldn't start for a few weeks. We have some new book titles and a new catalog out so come on! Let's have some fun on Facebook. I have a Facebook page for my Usborne business - it's called Pams Hooked on Usborne Books. At least go one over there and give me a like. There are millions of kids in the country, and many of these books are higher quality than books a million. Check out www.d5510.myubam.com for all the new and old titles. If you send me an email from Facebook, I'll give you 10% off your purchase when you mention this blog post.
Tomorrow we hope to drill the post holes for the fence posts. Dan is renting an auger and I am praying that he can get through our rocky soil without too many problems. It's wicked hard to dig the holes manually! This will be for the horse I fell off. We're hoping to bond with her so that she is not
so nervous when we ride her.








We have the garden going pretty well, but almost everyday I am out there weeding. I have enlisted the help of our chickens so they can at least eat the stuff in the rows with a chicken tractor we built. It works pretty well, but I am constantly out there! Today is Stormey, however, so we are juicing some lemons and limes and canning them. 

Talk soon!














No comments:

Post a Comment